- Undergraduate: Johns Hopkins University
- M.D. : George Washington University School of Medicine
- Internship and Residency (Internal Medicine): UCLA/Cedars-Sinai/West Los Angeles Veterans Medical Center
- Chief Resident: UCLA/Cedars-Sinai/WLA Veterans Medical Center
- Post-doctoral fellowship (Rheumatology): Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Dr. Paik is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Rheumatology. She completed her undergraduate degree at the Johns Hopkins University and medical degree at George Washington University School of Medicine. Thereafter, Dr. Paik pursued her internal medicine residency at UCLA-Cedars-Sinai/West LA VA medical center, where she served an additional year as chief resident. She then completed fellowship training in rheumatology at Johns Hopkins and then transitioned to the faculty, as a faculty member at the Johns Hopkins Myositis Center.
Dr. Paik’s clinical and research interests are focused on neuromuscular manifestations of autoimmune diseases, particularly in the areas of myositis and scleroderma. To fortify her methodologic strengths during fellowship training and advance her research interests, Dr. Paik completed a Masters in Clinical Investigation at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
The focus of Dr. Paik’s current research efforts is in determining the prevalence of neuropathy and myopathy in scleroderma patients. Whereas her clinical practice is focused on the broad range of autoimmune and inflammatory muscle disease in rheumatology, there is a particular emphasis on the neuromuscular manifestations of scleroderma.