For New Patients
In order for your care to be matched to an appointment with an expert in the field of your diagnosis, it is necessary to have your records available to our physician reviewers prior to scheduling an appointment. Therefore, we ask that you have your referral and medical records faxed to 443-267-0090. It is important to include the following: a referral from your current physician, any clinical notes, imaging reports (including x-rays and MRIs), lab results, pulmonary function test and echo cardiogram results.
Once the review process has been complete, you will be contacted by one of our intake coordinators to assist with scheduling your appointment. You may also call the scheduling office at 443-997-1552 at any time to inquire as to the status of your record review. The scheduling office can also help to facilitate scheduling an appointment with a sub-specialty center, if appropriate.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, it is important to:
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring a a photo I.D.
- Bring your co-payment
- Bring the following medical records:
- Summary letters from all treating physicians and/or past rheumatologist records and/or hospital discharge summaries (bring last 3 reports)
- List of all current medications (include all over-the-counter medications)
- Recent laboratory results (bring last 3 reports)
- Pulmonary function tests (bring all test results)
- Echocardiogram (bring all test results)
- High resolution CT scan of lung (bring written report and copy of actual scan on CD-ROM disc)
- Any imaging results (i.e., x-rays, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Bring a copy of name and address of all persons/doctors who would like to get copies of your visit materials
To be evaluated at the Myositis Center, you often do not need specialized testing. However, if already done, please provide:
- Recent laboratory results – especially results from blood tests for CPK and/or aldolase
- Any MRI films of your muscle (please bring original films and report).
- The original pathology slides and report from a muscle biopsy. It is particularly important that we have the actual muscle biopsy slides as this may be crucial for making the correct diagnosis.
Once you receive your appoint confirmation, plan to arrive 30 minutes ahead of time for registration and vital signs. Remember to bring a copy of your insurance card(s) to the appointment. New patients should plan on spending the entire day at the center.
For Returning Patients
- Return appointments for the Myositis Center can be made by calling (410) 550-6962.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You may also be asked to complete some additional forms to allow us to bill your insurance, to review your health, and help us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
Rescheduling Appointments and Cancellations
We schedule our appointments weeks in advance and are usually unable to reschedule on short notice. If you must reschedule, call us at 410-550-6962 as soon as possible. This will allow us to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.