For New Patients
Before you make an appointment, you will need:
- A referral letter from your physician.
- Medical records from all treating physicians and/or hospital discharge summaries.
- A copy of your insurance card(s).
To be evaluated at the Myositis Center, you often do not need specialized testing. However, if already done, please provide:
- Recent laboratory results – especially results from blood tests for CPK and/or aldolase
- Any MRI films of your muscle (please bring original films and report).
- The original pathology slides and report from a muscle biopsy. It is particularly important that we have the actual muscle biopsy slides as this may be crucial for making the correct diagnosis.
To make your appointments at the Myositis Center, call 410-550-6962.
Once you receive your appoint confirmation, plan to arrive 30 minutes ahead of time for registration and vital signs. Remember to bring a copy of your insurance card(s) to the appointment. New patients should plan on spending the entire day at the center.
For Returning Patients
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You may also be asked to complete some additional forms to allow us to bill your insurance, to review your health, and help us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
Rescheduling Appointments and Cancellations
We schedule our appointments weeks in advance and are usually unable to reschedule on short notice. If you must reschedule, call us at 410-550-6962 as soon as possible. This will allow us to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.